Today I am going to show you how to install and use Jadclipse. Jadclipse is eclipse plug-in that integrates Jad (Java decompiler) with Eclipse.
- First you require Jad for decompiling java files. You can find a list of mirrors on this site where you can get JAD for various platforms. Download it and unzip into any folder on your hard drive.
- Next download the Jadclipse plug-in jar file from here and place the jar file in your eclipse plugins folder
- Restart your eclipse. If eclipse didn’t recognize the plug-in then launch eclipse with -clean flag.
- Configure the path to the Jad executable in eclipse under Window > Preferences… > Java > JadClipse > Path to Decompiler.
- Set the full path of the jad executable, e.g. C:\Program Files\Jad\jad.exe
- Go to Window > Preferences… > General > Editors > File Associations and make sure that the JadClipse Class File Viewer has the default file association for *.class files.
Now everything is done. If you want to view the source for any class then simply ctrl+click on that class then the source for that class will be showed in your eclipse editor.